Learning RR's Transcript/ Books on Rev

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 03:03:02 EDT 2003

On  Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:48:03 -0700 (PDT) erik hansen
<erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>i will probably buy the docs anyway,
>but is there any chance of an index
>becoming available later at whatever extra cost?
>maybe a third party...

I'd be willing to have a go at the index. I have some editorial
experience. Heather, if you're interested contact me off list.

As to the projected RR book itself (in whatever form), I'd love to
help but I don't feel expert enough. I would be very happy to do
proof-reading/ editing/ checking out examples etc.

As to methods of production for a book, as several people have
pointed out, this is unlikely to be a money-making venture in the
short term, and IMHO for the health of the RunRev product, the info
should not be too hard to get to. For that reason I for one am
against use of technology like Mark Brownell's, which if I understand
it correctly is designed to maintain commercial secrecy and to give
strong protection to copyright materials. At this stage I feel we're
nearer to a need for something close to non-profit-making which seems
to me to call for a more open production technology.

I guess the real question is who's going to be project leader, chief
editor or whatever of a co-operative project.

Just my two cents (or pence - depends which country I'm in).