Books on Rev

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 22:44:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 08:01  PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Wow! All of these 'donated' authorships is impressive!
>
> I have an idea I was running by Alan Golub earlier, but think it might
> work
> well here as well. Hemingway has the ability to setup websites which
> are
> 'templated.' There are many different types of templates, but
> importantly,
> they can be changed easily.
>
> Specific users can be setup to upload 'Chapters' which are then
> converted to
> websites. This can be done on the Mac or PC using the basic Hemingway
> browser interface or HemPC (for PC users). Then, using HemingwayPC
> (sorry
> only runs on PC's for now) the chapter websites can be rerendered to
> PDF's
> which can either be downloaded or used for publishing a book. The
> PDF's have
> a complete table of contents, etc..
>
> There are tools for editing images as well. So, it is fairly simple to
> create a tutorial like:
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit/GlassPhotoShopTutorial/default.htm
>
> or a website like:
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/default.htm
>
> A single web would be considered a chapter. I would manage the
> usernames and
> passwords so anyone wanting to contribute could do so easily.
>
> (btw, the HemPC app is at:)
> http://www.altuit.com/webs/hemingway/Support/HemingwayPCbeta.htm
>
> Any takers?
>
> --Chipp

Hi,

In regards to any takers on my MTML Study Tool e-Book technology, for
the sake of collaboration, I could integrate my invitation only
hiPPmailer closed circuit e-mailer with an invitation only website
based on the Document Examiner version of the MTML study tool. This
would allow all the authors to easily add chapters and to see all the
chapters as they develop and give all the authors a collaboration site
based on the final delivery system. Each author would be able to work
on their own chapter while reading the work being produced by the other
collaborators working on the book. All the authors could create the
Construct Library together and add to it individually. All the authors
could contribute to the linkable index. All this protected by AES 128
bit encryption, password access privileges and protected FTP file
sharing.

I could see building this technology because there are several other
interest groups that could use this collaboration tool for developing
e-Books for publication.

Document Examiner: http://www.gizmotron.org/ebook
hiPPmailer: http://www.gizmotron.org/winged

--Mark