DB externals & CGI

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Jun 2 21:09:02 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 04:16  AM, Tuviah M Snyder wrote:

>> The ability to access DB via CGI was a promised feature of 2.0... :-(
> It is. We have CGI versions of the engines which contain built in
> support
> for RevDB. Those engines are available on request.

Presumably this could allow use of HTML forms as an interface to mySQL
database on the same machine, wherein one passes, on submission of the
form, for example,  word query search for a single word in  a
particular table column... revDB functions would do the mySQL look up
and return the cursor which could them be passed back out to an HTML
template?

Am I getting warm on this? i.e. one could avoid PHP (which I don't know
and don't care to learn) but achieve much the same results (minus
persistence of variable over multiple sessions and other PHP specific
stuff like that...)

> Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
> Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org