Another dumb table question

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 15:16:01 EDT 2003

I guess this is obvious, but how do I know when the user tabs (or
returns or arrow-keys) to another cell in a table? I started testing
this by trying to intercept the 'tabKey' message in the table's
script, but it apparently wasn't sent. I thought it would be, because
of this in the TD:

"Handle the tabKey message when you want to perform an action (such
as going to the next card) when the user presses the Tab key.

Comments:
The message is sent to the active (focused) control, or to the
current card if no control is focused. "

Am I missing something? When I do finally understand that the user
has left one cell and proceeded to another, how can I retrieve the
contents of the cell that the user has just left (on the assumption
that it's changed)?

Dumb but not yet defeated.

Graham