How do tables work?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Mon Jun 2 10:43:02 EDT 2003

At 7:19 AM -0700 6/2/03, Graham Samuel wrote:
>Sorry, but I've searched the docs as best I can, including using the
>new search facilities, but I can't find any reference above the
>non-trivial to table objects (or are the fields with table
>properties?), and no cookbook entry. Can anyone explain the table
>properties palette, particularly the bits near the bottom, e.g.
>
>What is meant by 'using'? Is this a place for a formatting string,
>and if so, how specified?
>
>What is the field below this with the 'update' and 'add' buttons?
>
>IMHO it's no good having powerful new features if nobody tells us how
>to use them.

You can find the answers to these questions in the topic "How to format
numbers in a table field". (This topic is listed under "User Interaction"
on the Development Guide page of the main documentation window. A search in
the How To window for "table" will also turn it up.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/