Active X support

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Mon Jun 2 09:26:11 EDT 2003

Of course my concern is that after we invest a significant amount of time
on Activex, rather than spend that time on other features, no one uses it
and it becomes a support nightmare for those that do. ActiveX is much
more difficult to implement and support than AppleScript. Any complete
ActiveX interface (by complete I'm thinking of VB - it should work with
scanner interfaces, and visible controls like MS Flexigrids) would have
to support.

1) Getting a list of properties supported by the ActiveX control
2) Displaying the properties dialog for the ActiveX control
3) Receiving messages from the activex control
4) Displaying the activex control
5) Setting properties of the activex control by script
6) Displaying an activex control by GUID.
7) Displaying the activex control selection dialog (OLE).
8) Possibly converting strings to and from other types. This is not that
difficult, because your mostly converting to and from other primitive
types (BOOL, OLESTR, ect).

I think ActiveX is very useful, and we are looking into ways that it
could be of benefit to all Revolution users.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought