What exactly does 'Undo' undo?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 2 09:11:02 EDT 2003

I've noticed that the 'undo' command in the RR development
environment doesn't undo quite a number of things (a random example
is 'replicate' from the 'Edit' menu). In relation to scripting, the
TD says:

"The undo command undoes the last action performed by the user.
Undoable actions include painting actions, deletion of objects,
moving of controls, and editing actions in a field.

The undo command cannot be used to undo actions performed by a
script. Only user actions can be undone"

I'm not sure what is meant by a 'user action' in this context and so
I find it hard to work out where 'undo' will work for me as a
developer. There is also some information in the 'What's New'
document for RR2.0, but it doesn't really clarify the issue.

Anyone have any more complete info?

TIA

Graham