The Case For A RunRev Player

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 1 17:48:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:57:57 +0200
> Subject: Re: The Case For A RunRev Player (was "Stack and Substacks")
> From: "Wolfgang M. Bereuter" <wmb at internettrainer.com>

> Right, I think I understood the difference and thats better than
> nothing, but...
>
>> These players are NOT plugIns.  They look to the user as the main
>> application file.  I'm talking about something distributed inside the
>> main app bundle, not a separate file each user must download.
> ...can this be viewed in a browser window..? Thats my main point!
If I understand the question (and I may not have), the answer is:

If it is a already a standalone, then "no". Think about it for a
minute...which engine would be in control, the one in the stack, or the one
in the browser? Only one can be in control, so a standalone with it's own
"player" can't be opened for editing by Rev's runtime editor, AFAIK.

Ken N.