mpossible to save

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Jun 1 17:36:01 EDT 2003

**********
> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:51:24 +0200
> Subject: Re: mpossible to save
> From: Emmanuel Companys <mcompanys at mac.com>
>
> It's only when I moved  to 2.0 that I couldn't save it. The previous
> successive backup files where all under 1.1.1. Moving any of them to
> 2.0 resulted in the same problem.
----------
It looks like you may have a corruption problem caused by mixing RR
filepaths. This has happened to others here as well, and it tried to do it
to me, too. What may be happening is that you have Rev 2.0 open, but are
calling files which are linked to the 1.1.1 version. But, also, there may be
some differences in the way 2.0 deals with certain objects (I ran across
that problem with some graphics, IIRC).

Try establishing a clean path to the files. I don't know if that will help
or not.
----------
> Cant' save the stack Litteris due to an error:
> can't open stack backup file
> Check the file path, and that the file name is not too long.
----------
I saw that once, too. I put my old 1.1.1 stack files into the Rev 2.0
folder, simply trashed 1.1.1, and let 2.0 establish new links. IIRC, that
worked OK. From then on, it followed the links normally, i.e., I could save
them in other folders and Rev 2.0 followed the links OK after that.
> What is this ' ~ backup file', and where is it?
I still think it expects you to open a backup copy of your stack, but it
needs to be in the right path for 2.0 to find it, and apparently isn't.

HTH,
Ken N.