The Case For A RunRev Player (was "Stack and Substacks")

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jun 1 13:34:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 07:10 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

>> When I double click on a stack, the stack is run.
>
> Dar, the stack is run by the development system engine...no engine, no
> startup on double-click.

Yeah, I know.

I was wondering how much this would address the need of a player.
Maybe it is possible for one to get permission from Runrev to
distribute the free version of development system to be installed with
his stacks.  Or maybe some class of customers might be willing to
download and install the free version.  Maybe this would make
distributed stacks too vulnerable.

There are probably technical, licensing and installation issues and I
really have no idea the merit of this approach.

Dar Scott