The Case For A RunRev Player (was "Stack and Substacks")

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sun Jun 1 13:07:01 EDT 2003

Rob,
On Sunday, Jun 1, 2003, at 15:59 Europe/Vienna, Rob Cozens wrote:

>> Agree with Richard. A many developer of Authoring-tools are leaving
>> the Players for double clickable Standalone Distributions...
>> Most of the regular users dont like to download Players, Plugins and
>> all that kind of stuff..
>
> Wolfgang, et al:
>
> Let's get back to my original point: every time a developer scripts a
> "splash screen" stack to hold the MC engine & open the "real" stacks,
> he/she is creating a custom Revolution Player for that application.
Right, I think I understood the difference and thats better than
nothing, but...

> These players are NOT plugIns.  They look to the user as the main
> application file.  I'm talking about something distributed inside the
> main app bundle, not a separate file each user must download.
...can this be viewed in a browser window..? Thats my main point!

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539