Develloping a registrationsystem

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jun 1 09:49:07 EDT 2003

>>I'm interested too in some code that permits a stack
>>to runs only in the machine in which it was installed.
>>Those machine are running Windows XP.

Too bad, Malte.

If you were running Mac OS, you could get the Mac serial # via the
System Profiler and check it against a target serial # in your
app...assuming your app is priced high enough to bear the overhead of
burning a separate CD for each installation.

Speculation: why don't other computer manufacturers (or Intel)
include a call to uniquely identify a computer?  Is it perhaps
because they DON'T WANT to discourage "small scale" software piracy?

Why hasn't the software industry pressed manufacturers for this
simple solution instead of everyone trying to devise her/his
uncrackable proprietary license scheme?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company