Suggestion: the callingHandler

curry curry at pair.com
Sun Jun 1 00:18:02 EDT 2003

>In your case, Curry, you might want to add an (optional?) parameter
>that specifies the data set.  Add a programming style in that the data
>set name is the handler name.
>
>I wonder what value should be returned for Curry's callingHandler if it
>is a function or an event or a message.

Yeah, I was about to add a parameter like that, then I decided to
double-check that this type of feature hadn't been added to 2.0,
because something along these lines had been discussed a while bac.
So I decided to suggest it again.

I would say the callingHandler could return just the handler name and
if we need the object, it would be good to have a separate function
like the callingObject, or callingControl, or what the heck, as
Richard said the callerID!

Curry