documentation misspelling

Eric Peden ericpeden at homemail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:05:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:41:14PM -0700, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Not Safari, not IE. Must use Mozilla/Netscape!! It's unbelievable but
>> true. RR folks: how about updating the bugzilla page saying Mozilla is
>> required to use the site?
>
>How about Apple actually using the Mozilla code base as they claim to so we
>don't have these issues?  ;)
>
>What exactly are they doing to Mozilla that's causing so many problems with
>so many otherwise well-tested sites (it breaks my Web-based banking as
>well)?

As others have pointed out, Safari is not based on Mozilla's codebase.
However, a trick you might find useful is to enable Safari's debug menu
by typing into a terminal window:

    defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

and then restarting Safari. You can then use the "User Agent" sub-menu on
the newly visible "Debug" menu to have Safari masquerade as a different
browser. This addresses problems with many online banking websites, and
may work on the RunRev bugzilla page as well.

--
eric