Fix to distribution builder available

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Thu Jul 31 13:59:00 EDT 2003

On Donnerstag, Jul 31, 2003, at 17:50 Europe/Vienna, Alex Rice wrote:

> Well do you want to get the job done, or nurse old wounds? ;-)  It
> requires no Unix expertise. This really falls into the packaging and
> distribution realm, which you are responsible for anyways.
>
> But re: your screenshot above, maybe I don't understand what the
> problem is and you should file a bugzilla report. If that's the case
> then I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
>
> However, I still think that everyone distributing software for OS X
> needs to learn about application bundles on OS X.

I think thats a missunderstandig now...
rev did the build correct the standalone(engine) and the others stacks
in the data folder:
* correct in OS9
* correct in WIN
* correct in Linux
* wrong in OSX
(I thin Linux is not so far way from bsd Unix, but its more far away
from OS 9 or WIN and both are build correct; please correct me if I m
wrong...)

and rev 2.0 did this build correct in OSX too...
that is what you can see on the other screenshot...

So this has imho nothing to do with packaging and distribution process
in OSX, which will start after that.
Its a bug in the new (updated) distribution builder. An all the other
features of the distribution builder like icons did work in older
releases. Why does all that no work in the "fixed distribution builder"?

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539