Matchtext

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 31 12:53:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 11:42 AM, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> Alex Rice wrote:
>> put matchText(tLine, "(\d{1,2})/(\d{1,2})/(\d{2,4})", tDay, tMo, tYr)
>
> ??  Although the "\d" and {m,n} syntax is standard regexp well
> documented in Perl, I did not see this in the Rev Regular Expression
> Syntax page.  Do I have bad eyes or is this not documented (maybe Rev
> is a complete reg exp implementation but not completely explained in
> the rev docs)?

In my minimal change response, I avoided this issue.  There is an
enhancement in Revolution 2 that expanded capabilities.

Alex has reason to believe that this is exactly what it has:

http://www.pcre.org/pcre.txt

Ken Ray has also mentioned this reference:

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlre.html

I fully expect Revolution 2 documentation to catch up and provide a
good pointer and provide a caveat as to the completeness of its
description.

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming