Stack Opens Manually But Script Thinks It's Corrupted?

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Thu Jul 31 12:10:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 07:59 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

>  From the dox:
>
> URL (keyword)
> Designates a container (sic!) consisting of an Internet resource or
> local file in the form of a URL.
>

> With "go", you just have to use the path to the file:
>
> go stack "/Users/dshafer/Documents/ch5foo.rev"

I don't disagree. But in writing my book on Revolution, I need to try
out all the variations to see if and how they work. In this case, your
code is correct and simple but the docs clearly say that I should be
*able* to use the URL approach. I can envision times when I'd like to
be able to use a common routine to access a stack that may be either on
the user's drive or on the net somewhere and in that case, being able
to use the URL approach would be more efficient.

The dox "bug" is simply that there's no explicit example of how to do
this and when you look at the other code examples available, they seem
to imply that you should use the file: protocol. The binfile: protocol
isn't mentioned in those contexts.