Question on .rev file format

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Jul 30 21:46:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 02:58  AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Hmmm... now if we could only apply that to the networked world. What
> about
> using IM (jabber or something) to broadcast changes? If it was done
> well
> then any field could instantly become a chatroom ;-) A log could be
> maintained for rollback.
>
> Hmmm... I think this is worth some thought ;-)

Definitely. Someone should write an external for Rendevous support!
Then we could make a plugin for the Rev IDE something like this:

"""Hydra makes collaborative editing easy and elegant. Using Mac OS X
10.2's Rendezvous, Hydra allows multiple users to create and edit a
document in real time by just clicking the share button and typing
away. Hydra leverages Apple technologies like Rendezvous, the Core
Foundation Network API, the Cocoa framework, ATSUI, Quartz, Address
Book, and Apple Help.  In addition to its rich networking capabilities,
Hydra does everything you'd expect from an advanced text editor."""

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/developer/2003/07/10/
innovators.html

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com