Bring a window to front

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Wed Jul 30 12:34:01 EDT 2003

Keith Martin wrote:

>>> I can't seem to find a command to bring a window (stack or sub-stack)
>>> to the front, or to give it the property "always on top", if that
>>> exits (non-modal).  Is there a methodology to do this in Revolution?
>

>> go to stack "name of stack" brings the window to the top
>> also making it a palette will keep it on top until you leave the
>> application
>

> Interesting. Is it possible to make a window a system-wide floater?
> Something that remains visible *and* stays on top even when other apps
> are being used?

Good point, I tried these commands, and indeed they only work local to
the application.  If other apps are in front, the "go to stack <name> "
does not work, other apps remain on top.

So I will re-state the question:

Is there a command to bring a window to the front (of all other apps
running at the same time), or make a window "always on top" of all other
apps?

-Steve