MC IDE plan (was Re: Universal GUI)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 29 22:20:01 EDT 2003

Scott Raney wrote:

> Um, I was hoping that a mailing list would get set up and some serious
> discussion would occur about how the maintenance organization should
> be structured.  But even the first step of that seems to have fizzled...

On the contrary: when Scott sez "jump" we merely ask "how high?" :)

I was prepared to set up a list seprately from the MC list, but a majority
of those who spoke up suggested that we keep the discussion of the IDE on
the main list.  I can see pros and cons both ways, but since I doubt
anyone's planning radical change for the IDE I suppose the traffic related
to those messages would be relatively light.

So with the discussion venue already in place, we're left with only these
words from the acquisition FAQ:

   However, for those existing MetaCard customers that
   want to continue to use the MetaCard tools, we will
   arrange an outside group of volunteer developers to
   maintain the existing MetaCard user interface so
   that they may do so.

It was unclear exactly what arrangements needed to be made, and with
MacWorld in progress it seemed silly to pursue it at the time.

But now we're all back at our desks, pencil in hand, waiting for the lesson
plan....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation