Alan Beattie's personal prefs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 29 22:10:01 EDT 2003

Kurt Kaufman wrote:

> I tried to set 202's Distribution Builder's prefs to default (after
> correcting the window size) and I got the error message:
>
> Couldn't find file /Users/alanbeat/Latest Revolution
> Distribution/Utility Stacks/docs-converter.rev
>
> I guess the Rev. 202 wasn't set to "factory defaults" before release.
> :-)
> As they say, "Been there, done that."

In the old HyperCard days, where storing data inside the standalone was
common, it became a popular practice to have a handler in your stack called
"StripAndShip" -- you call it just before making a standalone and it cleans
up remnant data from test sessions.

I've been using that convention in every xTalk I've used since, adding stuff
to that handler as I code so it's always reasonably complete for whatever
I'm working on at the moment.

My modified MC standalone builder calls it automatically just before
building.  Maybe a nice addition to the Rev satandalone builder?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation