randomnumber / randomseed

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jul 29 21:55:01 EDT 2003

I am experimenting with the random functions, and I would like to know
what exactly the largest number is that the randomseed still accepts,
as I found out that it generates the same numbers when given too large
numbers (ca. 10 digits). Also is there such a limit on the randomnumber
?

Does anyone know how predictable the random function is? That would
interest me immensely. Also what kind of algorithm does it use? I am
totally in the unknown on these things...