Multithread/Background function execution in Rev?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jul 29 20:01:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 05:23 PM, nfeasey at utpress.utoronto.ca
wrote:
> Ok guys, you have pointed me into the right direction and I thank you
> very
> much for your input. The wait ... with messages did the trick for me
> in this
> instance.

Hmmm.  Your dissolve must be fast enough so you don't notice slow
best used only one at a time.  If you have several handlers using that
you get them finishing LIFO; this is not really multitasking.
Eventually, you may need to use send.  If you think your dissolves are
fast enough, then a single send will do the trick.

> Looks ok to me, however, the buttons on am showing or hiding NEVER
> APPEAR.
> Switching between the index tabs is INCREDIBLY SLOW.
>
> Any thoughts?

Try 'unlock screen' after showing and hiding to force rendering the
buttons.  The idea below may make this moot.

My guess on the slow index tabs is the long menuPick.  Again the
solution is to use send.  Replace the wait and hide with this:

send "hideLT" to me in 2 seconds
etc

Then add to your script:

on hideLT