Step over still not fixed in 2.02

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Jul 29 17:53:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 3
>Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:34:36 +0300
>Subject: Re: Step over still not fixed in 2.02
>From: Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com>
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>On 29/7/03 9:03 pm, Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
>
>>  I must say I am very disappointed that the Step Over feature of the
>>  debugger has not been fixed in 2.02
>>
>>  For me, the debugger is not usable until that is corrected. It was
>>  the only *serious* problem I had with 2.01.
>
>Yeah, we're still looking for that one - there were some other more serious
>issues we did fix in 2.0.2.  (You'll note this isn't marked as fixed in the
>bug database yet.)
>
>Kevin
>
>Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
>Runtime Revolution Limited: Software at the Speed of Thought
>Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.

Kevin,

If it helps, I can define with some precision what I think is the
nature of this bug.

Create a new stack with a single button.

Button script:

on mouseUP
   breakpoint
   foo1
   beep
end mouseUp

Card script:

on foo1
   foo2
end foo1

Stack script:

on foo2
   beep 2
end foo2

If you do a "Step over" at "foo1", you step *into* "foo1" on the card
script. If you  do a "Step over" at "foo2" in the card script, you
step into "foo2" in the stack script.

On the other hand, if all these handers are in the same place, say
the button script, the "Step over" works as expected, and as it did
in 1.1.1

The problem seems to doing  a Step over when you are stepping over a
handler in another location.

I haven't researched this thouroughly, but this is my best guess.

Hope this helps.

God, I hope helps.

Jim