Multithread/Background function execution in Rev?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Jul 29 16:03:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 02:25 PM, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> I took the Hello World tutorial an an example and changed it as below.
> It is interesting that if you start the visual effect first, it seems
> to block the "move field".  But if you do it the way I have below, it
> works on Windows and Linux (although clunkyness may be platform
> dependent I suspect).  To me it seems that Revolution is mutithreaded
> sometimes.

I gotta run, but will answer better tonight.

In the mean time, look at wait...with messages.  This will give you an
idea of how move works concerning messages.  Keep this in mind.  In
wait new messages can be started, but they must complete; there is not
interleaving of commands in two handlers.

I use move without waiting (and use the callback).  I don't know of a
non-blocking special effect.  I should have noticed you mentioned
special effect.  There may be a way to emulate that.

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming
Services