Multithread/Background function execution in Rev?

nfeasey at utpress.utoronto.ca nfeasey at utpress.utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 29 13:46:02 EDT 2003

I have a screen in which these help icons fade in and out using the "with
visual effect dissolve" as a user enters information into each field on a
data entry screen. This little visual is meant to guide them as they proceed
through a form.

The idea is that the user jumps to a field, it is ready for input and then
the little effect fades in explaining what is expected, waits 2 seconds,
then fades away. Very simple and easy to create in Revolution.

The problem is that there is an delay, obviously, while this event happens,
preventing the user from entering data until my simple little assist fade
event is completed.

So, my question...

Is there a way to fire off my little fade in/out function (or any
function/message for that matter) in a separate event, process, thread (not
sure of terminology in Revolution) in which this animation message proceeds
but the user is still able to perform their data entry task without
interruption.

Assistance, as always, is greatly appreciated.