Universal GUI

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jul 28 12:41:01 EDT 2003

I understand progressive discovery. I find in most instances it creates
problems. I'd much rather see a menu item disabled and still holding a
place, then removed completely from a menu. Microsoft is terrible with this
with "Menus show recently used commands first." I hate it, and disable this
feature each time I install Office2000 or Outlook.

Dan, can you give an example where "progressive discovery" works well?

-Chipp