use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1675 - 15 msgs

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Mon Jul 28 00:47:00 EDT 2003

Well, just as one example, the pulsing default button in Aqua. That
feels like the kind of eye candy that was added to the UI just because
they could. It doesn't convey a single iota more information than a
bold button that is clearly the default.

The spiffy visual effects on opening and closing windows in the Finder
is another example. Cool, but what's the real purpose?

The new file dialogs in OS X are noticeably less efficient for users,
though they do have some advantages at the application level according
to a couple of OS X developer friends.

One of my favorites: I can't shut down my computer without confirming
my desire to do so (although there are a couple of obscure key combos
that bypass that confimer).