perl regex modifiers

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jul 26 12:35:07 EDT 2003

Mark, so you mean you can do this:

<myTag><innerTag></myTag></innerTag>

??

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-admin at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-admin at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Mark
Brownell
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 9:59 AM
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
Subject: Re: perl regex modifiers

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 10:28 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

Remember, that is a slightly different pattern recognizer. It will not
work (as expected or hoped) with < in between as might be the case in a
comparison expression or with enclosed elements.

Dar

Yes I can see that. It will also not work for MTML because a part of one
element tag set can begin inside of another element tag set and end
outside of it in MTML. This was a primary issue while defending off XML
innovators several years ago when I started experimenting with it. The
PNLP handler is not effected by this problem, and at this point it is
still the fastest choice. Where I see an advantage is in some of MTML's
multimedia handling tag sets that could be easier to script with
perlRegEx.

Mark