mailing list vs newsgroup

Hans Ydelm hansydelm at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 26 05:00:00 EDT 2003

Hi Michael,

I can't agree more. I also stumbled on RR which came with my Linux
Format magazine. I have been using Glade and stared to use WinGlade
since the world still resolves around windows. Luckily I found RR and I
can now develop simple Windows and Linux GUI's with the click of a
button :-) What I do find is that the interface to other languages and
application is not that strong. The open process and shell commands
seems to be a bit temperamental on windows (at least on my 1.1 version).
What I would like is to develop my application in plain C and my GUI's
in RR. For this I would need to be able to call C routines from a shared
object in RR which I believe is not possible(?)

This is probably the busiest mailing list I subscribe too. Unfortunately
when the volume is too high it is difficult to see the mailing threads
and a newsgroup reader would be much better.

a newsgroup? I don't know the fine details of this service but they do
provide spam detection.

Hans.
www.ht-lab.com