.rev file association issues

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Fri Jul 25 19:05:03 EDT 2003

Gary Rathbone writes:

> This in an annoying distraction which I'm sure will have an easy answer.
>
> When I save a rev stack I use (the suggested) .rev extension.
>
> However I also use WinRAR which according to filext.com uses the .rev
> extension (with a few other packages) as its own. This means WinRAR 'own' my
> Rev stacks, when I double click it tries to open WinRAR.
>
> Using XP I can usually change this file association. However a right click
> on the stack and a click on the "Change..." button doesn't allow me to
> select "revolution"; its not listed.

On WIN XP pro, in less than 10 steps:

1. In the directory list, right click the stack name
  the context menu is displayed.
2. On the context menu, select "open with"
  the sub-menu is displayed
3. on the sub-menu, click "choose program"
  the "Open with" dialog is displayed
4. on the "Open with" dialog, click the Browse button
  a scondary "Open With..." dialog is displayed
5. Browse through the directory to find the Revolution.exe file and select
it. (Probably c:\Program Files\Revolution x.x.x\Revoluton.exe )
6. click Open
  the "Open with" dialog is dispalyed with Revolution blah-blah selected in
the list of applications.
7. select "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
8. click OK
  the dialog closes and your stack is launched

Now .rev will be associated with Revoluton.

miscdas