.rev file association issues

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 25 14:09:59 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 12:10 PM, Gary Rathbone wrote:

> My first question is "How to I associate .rev to revolution?"

Good news:  There is a way.
Bad news:   My PC broke and I'm only now reinstalling VPC on OS X
             and I can't remember how to do the association.

> As there is only a fixed number of three letter file extensions. How
> does a
> developer, considering cross platform data files for their owns stacks,
> provide or register/'own' a unique or non conflicting filetype.

Good news:  There is a web site that keeps track of common practice in
this.
             If .rev is there, that will slow down others in using it.
             It can also give you a heads-up on potential conflicts.
Bad news:   I don't remember the URL, either.

My kids say I saw a movie with a fish named Dory in it.  They bring
that up when I can't remember things.

Dar Scott