Focus, MouseLeave message, AND creating animated gifs.

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri Jul 25 11:25:01 EDT 2003

>Message: 5
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:23:09 +1000
>From: Sarah <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Focus
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>When I do this, the substack DOES get the focus. Is there something
>else interfering - possibly an openStack handler in either the main
>stack or the substack?
>
>Cheers,
>Sarah

Sarah,

You are quite right. Returning to the stack I found that the substack
does get the focus. Don't know why it didn't do this earlier.

"Tripping hither
Tripping thither
Nobody knows not why or whither."

(Gilbert and Sullivan: Iolanthe)

Thanks,

Jim

>  >Message: 14
>>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:08:05 -0500
>>From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
>>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>  >Subject: Re: Clicking on linked text sends a mouseLeave message?
>  >
>  >When the arrow graphic appears under the mouse, the field gets a
>  >"mouseleave" and the graphic gets a "mouseEnter" message. In other
>  >words, the focus shifts. (This is a new feature of the engine; it didn't
>  >used to work that way.)
>  >
>  >You could work around it by not using the mouseloc as the start of the
>  >arrow. Add a few pixels to the horizontal position, for example.
>  >(Although if the user moves the mouse over the graphic, the graphic will
>  >disappear again.)
>  >
>  >--
>  >Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>  >HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com
>  >

Jacqueline,
I stumbled on an even simpler solution.

on mouseLeave
    if the mouseLoc is not within the rect of me then set the points
of graphic "arrow" to ""
end mouseLeave

This would appear at first to be redundant. That is, if there is a
mouseLeave message, the mouse would not be with the rectangle. But,
as you pointed out, it can be in the rect and yet leave when the
arrow graphic is created at the mouseLoc.  Apparently, however, it
(the engine) still thinks the mouse is within the field rectangle.

So this handler has the desired effect: It sets the graphic points to
empty only when the mouse actually leaves the field rectangle.

Jim

>Message: 14
>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:37:17 -1000
>Subject: Re: Move along path animation/bezier curves
>From: Sannyasin Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org>
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Jim,
>
>Time for you to crack open any number of tools (ImageReady, GifBuilder,
>etc.) other than Rev to learn about animated GIFs. These are images
>that have a series of embedded frames in the same file. I am not
>expert, but we understand that included in the file data is the length
>of time that any given frame is to be displayed, and if they should be
>displayed repeatedly or not and probably other information... etc.

(snip)

Sannyasin,

Thanks, that is all I needed to know to get started. I had assumed
that this was all done within RR.

Jim