Minor script editor annoyance

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 24 12:45:00 EDT 2003

On 7/24/03 2:29 PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

> That's the weird thing - when I enter a space and delete it, it
> doesn't have to be where the script error claims the error is - if
> the script editor claims it's expecting this comma in the middle of
> line 18, I can go to the end of line 1 type space, backspace, hit
> apply, and it compiles just fine.

I haven't seen this in Rev, but I have seen something similar in the
MetaCard script editor. Almost every time I enter a new script or revise
an existing script, I get a phantom error when closing the editor --
something about not finding the target. Simply hitting the Enter key a
second time closes the editor and applies the script without complaint
(in MC, you don't need to edit the script to reactivate the apply
function.) I have seen this ever since the MC 2.5 engine came out and
I'm so used to hitting Enter twice now that I can't even remember what
the exact error message says. I haven't reported it yet, because I need
to examine my own backscript to see if it is possibly interfering,
something I haven't had time to do yet.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com