perl regex modifiers

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu Jul 24 12:15:03 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:36  AM, Mark Brownell wrote:

> I read the archives last night for "regex." What I found was very few
> examples in transcript using them. So I was wondering if anyone has
> code examples that also can be explained so that a newbie can
> understand them? Even the syntax documents are not useful for newbies.
> This would be nice if anyone here is in the process of writing a book
> for Rev users.

Mark, start by reading the Transcript Dictionary entries for
matchText(), matchChunk(), replaceText() and "Regular Expressions
Syntax". Note that "filter" uses wildcards, but not regular expressions.

Do a web search for Perl regular expressions tutorials, or pick up a
book: O'Reilly has a book all about Regular Expressions. Then just
experiment.

Code examples would be a good idea. I will write a few... but I don't
know when.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com