How to put the first frame of a movie into an image object?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu Jul 24 11:19:01 EDT 2003

Ignoring the crash that occurs in OSX when you attempt to print a card
containing a player object referencing a QT movie, let's say I've
overcome that (by developing in OS9 or Windows and assuming that the
compiled app doesn't exhibit the crashing problem).

Now I need to develop a workaround. Here's the rough sequence of events
I think I'd need to do in order to print the first frame of the movie:

1. select/copy the first frame of the movie. (Don't see a way of doing
this in Transcript.)

2. paste that frame (the clipboard) into a selected image object.
(seems to be do-able.)

3. hide the player object (which does prevent the crash when you print
the card). (no problem.)

Is there a way of scripting the first item within Rev?

Thanks,
Barry