Drag=?ISO-8859-1?B?tE60?=Drop issue Mac Os 9.04

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Thu Jul 24 08:34:03 EDT 2003

Hi listas!

I ran into an interesting issue today. I already found a workaround and I
want to let you know.

I coded a nice dragDrop handler and ran into the following:
(Script simplified)

on dragEnter
  set the acceptDrop to true
end dragEnter
on dragDrop
  repeat for each line i in the dragData
    if there is a file i then put i&cr after temp
    if there is a folder i then put i&cr after temp2
  end repeat
  put temp into fld "files"
  put temp2 into fld "folders"
  answer "blah!" with "o.k."
end dragDrop

Crashes the finder with error 8. :-(
I found out that I can´t use an answer dialogue inside the dragDrop handler
my Os 9.04 machine
This does not happen on OsX (Don´t know about Windows).
Could anyone test it on an Os higher then 9.04 and smaller than X for
confirmation, please?

Here is the workaround:

on dragEnter
  set the acceptDrop to true
end dragEnter
on dragDrop
  repeat for each line i in the dragData
    if there is a file i then put i&cr after temp
    if there is a folder i then put i&cr after temp2
  end repeat
  put temp into fld "files"
  put temp2 into fld "folders"
  send fragmich to me in 15 ticks