LibURL & file-encoding question

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 07:11:01 EDT 2003

--- "tkuypers at pandora.be" <tkuypers at pandora.be> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> All data "seems" identical, but I haven't really
> done a full compare because
> when I just open them in notepad, then there
> allready is a conversion done
> to view the file...
>
> I set the Oracle-guys back to work, they messed up
> something, let them try
> to solve it first before I start doing a lot of
> work...
>
> I will keep you informed!
>
> Ton

Actually, I'm not sure it's an Oracle problem. When
the server responds to IE, it will send along a
content-type which may very well say "xml/utf-8" or
something similar.
However, what NotePad saves as extra that might clue
in IE, is a bit of a mistery.

By the way, I presume you're using WordPad instead of
NotePad ? NotePad wouldn't convert anything AFAIK, and
instead display the raw ASCII.

Jan Schenkel.

=====