Rev killing the Mac platform?

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Wed Jul 23 00:33:01 EDT 2003

Mark Brownell writes:

>> On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 02:00  PM, miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:
>>
>>> Wow Richard, that is s definitive sounding almost "urban legend"-like
>>> statement! However, as a Windows user for all but the first year it came
>>> out, I have not spent dollar one in either avoiding viruses or by
>>> problems caused by viruses on any of my Windows systems!
>>> miscdas
>

> Either your time is worthless or it is worth your time getting a free
> solution by removing offending executables on your hard drives after
> looking them up on anti-virus web sites on your own. I just can't believe
> you have never received a computer virus on a win32 machine. I can
> understand fixing it yourself. I would like to know if the Guinness Book
> of Records should be contacted about this? This has to be a record...
>
> :-)

==============
As too often occurs, you've added much more to my post than was actually in
it. Look again: nowhere does it say that I have never had a virus on my hard
drive; I have. I simply said that I have not made cash outlays to avoid
them, to elimnate them, or fix any damage. I also did not say some kind of
"cost" was not incurred; "cost" is often measured as time. Some small amount
of time is invested. I use free virus scanners on a regular basis. I have
backups of "important" files.

My reply was a succinct, direct reponse to a likewise succinct, direct
comment. When formulating a reply, I read nothing into the comment, nor
attempted some type of exegesis.

miscdas