Rev killing the Mac platform?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Tue Jul 22 15:57:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 02:00  PM, miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

> Wow Richard, that is s definitive sounding almost "urban legend"-like
> statement! However, as a Windows user for all but the first year it
> came out, I have not spent dollar one in either avoiding viruses or by
> problems caused by viruses on any of my Windows systems!
> miscdas

Either this is a troll, or you are extremely lucky, or just unaware
that your machines are totally saturated with virii. :-)

It's not an urban legend. MS Windows viruses, propagated mostly by MS
Outlook users, cost businesses big bucks (*) when their networks go
down or they have to scrub and reinstall Windows on infected computers.
  You really ought to be running antivirus software on any Windows box.
I have a subscription to Norton Antivirus for my windows box. Which BTW
is nearly $75/year for a subscription :-)

(*) Not quantifiable, but in the billions
http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,49681,00.html

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com