Rev killing the Mac platform?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Tue Jul 22 12:49:01 EDT 2003

If I follow what you are saying, I need to buy an Express license so I
can continue my final development/tweaking under Windows, then transfer
the project back to my Mac for the final distribution build so I won't
get the annoying splash screen (that I would otherwise get if I built
the project on the PC). It seems like a reasonable solution and I am
slapping myself that I didn't see it (and obviously missed Geoff's
posting regarding this). If that is all that is different (splash vs no
splash), then I can build the distribution on both platforms (for PC)
and double-check that there are no other differences that building on
"the other platform" introduced.

As far as "abandoning" the Mac goes, I used to work for Apple and was
their K-12 AE for my local territory. I bleed in six colors. However,
the fact that I would need to buy an additional license when I am truly
only running it on one computer at a time is bothersome. I'll just have
to pass the costs on to my customers (which is reasonable).

Though I am "themacguy", I can see the benefits of the PC. In fact, I
just built a "small-form-factor" unit which sits on the shelf and uses
my Mac keyboard and trackball (via KVM).

Perhaps I'll complain less when the "special pricing" for renewals is
posted.

Regards,
Barry