Rev 2.02/New pricing

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 12:23:00 EDT 2003

--- SteelWeaver52 at aol.com wrote:
> A list reader said:
>
> >For this software to continue to be useful, I need
> cross-platform
> >capability. Most education people and many writers,
> like me, use
> >MacIntosh, but the majority of people who will use
> this dictionary
> >are PC users. I have been thinking that if it went
> well, I could maybe
> >scrape together enough to buy the SBE. With the new
> pricing there
> >is no way I can afford to buy into cross-platform
> capability.
>
> [snip]
>
> +  There is some irony here.  I personally think
> your efforts are
> important.  But apparently the product is not
> important enough to
> your "customers" that they would be willing to
> exchange a few
> bucks for it, and thereby support it financially.
> Yet, you are disappointed in a profit-making
> corporation for not giving away the fruits of their
> labor for free.
> Wouldn't a more logical focus of your disappointment
> be those
> who have a vested interest in your product by way of
> culture and
> history, rather than those who have no vested
> interest?
>
> ---Tom Nally, New Orleans

Hi Tom,

I know this reply might be considered as bordering on
political comments (which have no place here), but I'd
still like to point out that life on the reservations
does not allow for much money to be spent on anything.
And I'm sure I don't have to tell you that a lot of
people are having a hard time in the current state of
the global economy, and that one of the first things
to get axed from the budget, is support for this type
of non-profit efforts.
If you'd like to learn more about life on the
reservations or other Native American issues, there
are plenty of websites to visit. And if people would
like to discuss this further _OFF_LIST_ , well don't
hesitate to reply to janschenkel at yahoo.com

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====