Help for a non-code newbie!

Lars Brehmer lbrehmer at rof.net
Mon Jul 21 16:37:01 EDT 2003

Hi there!

I am one of those COMPLETELY non-programming people trying to use
Revolution to develop a good idea into an inexpensive commercial
product.  The manual is currently unavailable (I will buy a copy the
second it is available and am waiting to hear about any 3rd party books
on Revolution!) and I have 2 absolute beginner's questions:

1. Is there a way to hide multiple objects without a line for each one
in the handler?  If I have to have a code line for each object and
there are 8 fields and 8 buttons on each card, the stack gets real big
real fast.  I've tried

hide field 1,2,3,etc
hide fields 1,2,3,etc
hide field 1-8
hide fields1-8

and so far nothing works.  I obviously have no clue about code syntax!

I also tried grouping themand hiding the group, but when other handlers
need to show individual objects, it either doesn't work or I need to
ungroup the group and am right back where I started!  Can anyone help
me?

2. Is there a way to build a feature into a stack so that once the
stack is a standalone and installed from a disk it requires the disk it
was installed from to be present in the drive in order to continue?
I don't know whether what I am saying makes sense, I just know that
lots of reference works that are installed on my machine require that I
insert the disk they came on in order to use them.  I would like my app
to do the same.  Is there a stack script that creates a message to the
user like "Please insert disk "xyz" to continue?"

Revolution is terrific and I think I have some pretty simple yet
interesting ideas and am making good progress, but until there is a
comprehensive manual available, slogans like "software development
without knowlege of code writing" aren't quite accurate.  Some of us
know literally NOTHING and struggle with Revolution even though it is
well designed and made for simplicity!

Thanks a million!

Lars Brehmer