pi approximation day [OT]

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jul 21 11:46:01 EDT 2003

Tuesday is pi approximation day (aka pi appreciation day).  I think
that is because some folks write July 22 as 22/7.

In honor of this day, I plan to order 14" pizzas to enjoy with friends.
  For some pizzas I plan to arrange the pieces on a rectangular cookie
sheet in an alternating pattern to form an rectangle about 7" by 22".
I will then badger friends into saying "Oooh" and "Ah" before letting
them eat.

Illustrating this with a stack (in my losing struggle to make this
on-topic) seemed too much work.  However, those who want to ponder pi
on Tuesday might type this into the message box:

     put pi & LF & 22/7

Appreciate wonders both large and very small.

Dar Scott