time-limited security

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Sun Jul 20 15:31:01 EDT 2003

I'm not using it for time-limiting, but with Amazon Assistant I am
experimenting with storing registration data on my server, and then having
the program check that file when the user tries to make certain changes in
the program (mainly when attempting to alter the Associate ID the program
uses to create pages).

You might be able to do something where you hash together a couple of
attributes about a particular machine, then have your program write that to
a file on a internet server, along with the start data/end date whatever for
the trial, and then check that file at startup or something.

I assume you want this to work cross-platform, correct?