license work around

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jul 18 04:11:02 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 11:06  PM, John Tenny wrote:

> So does this equal a "functioning" cross platform tool with a total
> price tag of $550 (after August). Why so convoluted just to get
> something that works as advertised.

Depends on your definition of "functioning cross platform tool." I've
built many apps on a Mac that compiled for a PC and ran flawlessly
there. By that standard, Studio alone is sufficient at $199 now, $399
normally.

For anything mission critical you want to be able to test/debug on the
target platforms. If that's just Windows, then throw in a copy of
Express for $75 now, $149 normally, for a total of $548.

If you want to test/debug on more platforms, you can add them in as
well.

If you want simplicity, Enterprise is all-you-can-eat: build/debug on
any platform or all of them, for $599 now, $1199 normally.

So if you want simple, it's available. So is a custom configuration, so
if you need to be able to develop on Linux but target Sparc as well,
Revolution has you covered.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com