Rev 2.02/New pricing

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jul 18 00:15:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 05:31  PM, Edwin Gore wrote:

> I don't think that they can honestly say that the studio product
> allows you to create applications for all supported platforms, since
> it's impossible to TEST the applications without using another one of
> the products.

You have a point, but: show of hands -- who here has built an app for
another platform without ever testing on that platform and had it just
work? And who has had the exact opposite experience; serious
platform-specific issues that required working on that platform to fix?

> Also, isn't it impossible to build a Mac standalone under Windows or
> Linux? That means that if you want to deliver for the Mac you will
> need to buy at least a copy of Express to do so (for more than thirty
> days), unless they are planning to create a new "Macintosh Standalone
> Builder" that is runs on the Mac and does nothing but build
> Standalones from existing stacks that were developed elsewhere.

You can build for OS X on other platforms, just not for OS <=9.
Obviously this issue is getting smaller as time passes.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com