Rev 2.02/New pricing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jul 17 23:11:01 EDT 2003

Chipp Walters wrote:

> Here's the only objection I have...and it's a big one.
> The Made With Screen...
>
> And here's why.
>
> This same screen killed professional development for Macromedia Director.
> Because so many hack-job Director games and projects were created...each
> with the "Made by Director" stamp, it severely tarnished its reputation. We
> had a number of clients who emphatically didn't want their Edutatainment
> products developed in Director, because of this exact stigma --even though
> we had done award winning CD-ROM's for Mattel and the Discovery Channel
> using Director. We eventually gave up using Director. So has everyone else.
>
> So, what can we expect *others* to think when they see the "Made with
> Revolution" logo on 'newbie' type projects? That all Rev projects are like
> this, and of the same caliber??? This is one of the reasons I originally
> chose RR, because it *didn't* have this stigma.
>
> Now, I'm not trying to denigrate or belittle newbie RR programmers at
> all...it's just one would expect RR to want to splash their logo on the
> *best* of it's developer's work...not the beginners. I think the ABOUT box
> (the way it is currently) is just fine.

Chipp raises an excellent point, and has the experience to back it up.  He
knows what he's talking about.

I had no opinion about the splash screen until I read his post.  Now I must
add my voice to those who think it's not in the best interests of the
product or the company.

Vive la Révolution!

--
 Richard Gaskin