Rev 2.02/New pricing

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 16 21:52:01 EDT 2003

> Hmm. Looks like there's a new pricing model for Rev now and talk of
> V2.02. (http://www.runrev.com/Revolution1/licensing1.html)
>
> Sigh. Call me silly, but I always hoped we'd here about this stuff first
> on this list, rather than seeing it on the web site.

Well in theory the improve list is meant to hear about things first. Seeing
as there has been no announcement there I'd say that 2.0.2 would be another
minor bugfix relase. I also don't think they will announce until the page
and shopping cart are completed.

I'm not suprised at the changes in license pricing. It was inevitable that
once RunRev had the engine they would have more flexibility to both provide
the cheep version many people have demanded and push the boundaries with the
top end version now that they no longer compete with MetaCard. I'll be
interested to see how the 'deploy on one platform' version is enforced
though.

It seems there is no 'Free' edition listed also. If this is the case I
imagine the list will ignite for a few days. In the end, 30 days is
sufficient to evaluate the product and work out which version is right for
you.

It should also be noted that according to that page there are some absolute
bargain prices going at the moment.

Cheers

Monte