Embedded fonts

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed Jul 16 15:30:00 EDT 2003

I just want to confirm something about embedded fonts. Basically you
can't do it in Rev, correct? (Ok, I believe you can embed fonts on Mac
systems as resources, but if you want cross-platform compatibility, you
can't do it).

So if you create a stack or standalone and want the same typeface to
appear across platforms, then you have to pick a typeface that's common
to the platforms you're building for, correct? (Like developing for the
web).

I'm talking about editable text. I understand you can convert any
typeface to a graphic and use that anywhere.

But to have compatibility of typefaces across platforms, you either have
to pick a typeface that's standard for the platforms or get the user to
install your desired fonts. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Howard Bornstein